This review looks at the Ease of Use and Support for the document.
- Comprehensive legal terms
- Download as a Word, HTML or PDF file
- Good technical support
- Free trial
- No legal support
- Active subscription required for access to the document builder
- No Australian phone number or street address
Overview of LawDepot
LawDepot is a well established online legal documents service operating in Australia, UK, US and Canada. It claims to have served over 2 million users.
The LawDepot site is very easy to use. You simply fill in a series of questions in the document builder and see the answers appear in a full sample of the document. While this is convenient, the downside is you need a current subscription if you want to reuse the document builder to insert different answers into the document.
LawDepot has limited support. They can be contacted by email or chat on their website. They do not provide a phone number or street address in Australia and, unlike many other legal sites, LawDepot do not offer help from a lawyer.
A 50 day satisfaction guarantee is offered by LawDepot.
How LawDepot Works
- Pay per document – 14 days access or
- Pay for a full library subscription with access to all LawDepot documents – Start with a 1 week free trial (renews at $24/month) or for better long-term value start on the paid plan ($59.88/year).
- Microsoft Word
While you can edit the document in Microsoft Word format, you need to return to the LawLive website to re-use the document builder and change your initial answers/clause selection.
- they do not offer support from a lawyer
- they offer a 50 day money back guarantee
- contact them by chat or email – see www.lawdepot.com/contact