This review looks at the Ease of Use and Support for the document.
- Download as a Word or PDF file so its easy to edit
- Telephone support
- No help from a lawyer available
- Document requires editing after download and instructions are limited
Overview of RP Emery & Associates
RP Emery & Associates is one of Australia’s longest running provider of DIY legal kits and downloadable legal documents, operating since 1990. They provide a huge library of legal templates.
The RP Emery & Associates site and documents are reasonably easy to use. They provide legal templates in Microsoft Word format with various clause options.
This approach is fine if you are comfortable editing a document in Word but it does create the potential for user error and there is not much guidance to help you complete the document. So, it’s not ideal for a novice. By contrast, other online legal services offer a document builder (where you answer questions to build the document content before you download it).
RP Emery & Associates have fairly good support. You can contact them by phone or through their website. They provide a street address and offer a 7 days satisfaction guarantee (at their discretion). They don’t provide any help from a lawyer.
How RP Emery & Associates Works
- Pay per document or
- Pay for a bundle of documents
- Microsoft Word
- they do not offer support from a lawyer
- they may give you a refund “at their discretion” – but they disclaim responsibility for errors in their documents
- contact them by mail, phone or email – see www.rpemery.com/contactus